- Actual objects,
scenes, and people을 관찰해서, 상상력이 있게 Drawing 한 것.
- 정확한 line
drawings 과 완성된 좋은 보기들, full range of light, gray and
dark value의 작품들.
figure drawing or partial figure (hands, feet, etc.), or portraiture.
된것으로 본인의 ideas about a subject가 보이는 것.
- 전체 picture
surface을 고려하고 페이지 중앙에 한 물체를 고립시켜
경과적 작품은 JPEG
or GIF format on 1.4 MB floppy disk, zip disk, CD or videotape로도 준비
편집하라. 양보다 질이 더 중요하다. 5-8 개 작품이 15개의
작품보다 더 좋을 수 있다.
최근의 작품이 보통 가장 강함.
깨끗이 보여라. Matted or mounted work이 선호적이나
- An applicant’s portfolio may or may not be geared toward a particular major when applying to CCS. The work should emphasize
your strongest skill sets and concepts and should be limited to 5 to 8 pieces. Transfer students may be required to submit
additional pieces. Examples of drawing, drafting, computer aided design (CAD), architectural drawings, floor plans, printmaking,
painting, photography, film, video, animation, web design, graphic design, story boarding, creative writing, ceramics, metal and jewelry,
fiber and textiles, furniture design, fashion, video games, 2D or 3D design, models, product design, transportation design,
sketchbooks, graphic novels and any other form of new media is acceptable.
- If you are applying to any of the following majors who require strong drawing skills, a minimum of 5 drawings from direct observation
and/or imagination, using any medium must be included. Entertainment Arts (does not apply to those interested in video), Fine Arts,
Illustration or Transportation Design
- -Color and Design: 4-6 작품
Portfolios that reflect an understanding of the research and design process, an attention to detail and quality, and a well-developed
- Computer proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including:Photoshop
- - Interaction Design:
Portfolios should reflect interactive design work including elements such as:Wireframes
- + User persona
- + General design principles
- + Attention to detail
- -Interdisciplinary Design: 4-6 작품
Generally, you should include some of the following as related to your specific background in 2D or 3D design:
Sketching and freehand drawing ability.
- + An understanding of typography, 3D modeling skills package (such as Pro/E, Alias, Catia, I-DEAS or Solidworks, 98, Form Z,
Rhino 3D, 3D Studio Max, etc.).
- + Graphic manipulation program (Flash), final renderings with Photoshop and Alias or Pro/E + 3D Studio Max.
- + A good understanding of industrial techniques, model making ability and an awareness of rapid prototyping technologies.
- -Transportaiton Design: 3-4 작품
Submissions should demonstrate your functional skills including freehand sketching in accurate perspective, use of Photoshop and Alias
– or other use of 2D/3D modeling and rendering software.
- Include a significant amount of original process sketches and/or a separate sketch book as a PDF attachment in SlideRoom,
or if necessary, mailed or e-mailed to the Office of Graduate Admissions.